Introduce Yourself

Welcome Ed! Thanks for posting. What kind of eBike are you riding? Let me know anytime you have any questions, or need anything!

Hi everyone, we had some issues with the technology on the forum, and have just resolved it. So feel free to resume posing. We’re here to help!

Hi,
My name is Jay Larsson…living in Houston. Been an avid cyclist for 45 years now (yes, I am old). Raced back in the day in Illinois, California and Hawaii (cat. 3). Now just train for life, stay in shape and keep some kind of “edge” in these golden years. I manage to ride 5-6K miles per year. A friend in Chicago turned me on the TW a few years ago…love them!!! (except for the wheel stickers…which I have removed all of them…they were coming off while riding…haha). So…put on my own custom decals on both sides of each wheel. A bit of advertising for my firm I guess…:-))))))

I am an Architect with my own company…very slow now is this new world order of COVID-19. Still able to get out on the roads here in Houston…but getting more and more locked down. Stay tuned.

Be safe and avoid group rides these days for your safety.

regards,

Jay

Hello All my Name is Scott from Avon Indiana I ride Gravel, Road and MTB but if it has two wheels and pedals I’ll try it. I used to way 250 and through cycling now maintain between 175-180. My newest two wheeled passion is Gravel and cannot wait to get my new wheels. I am an avid photographer and share that business with my wife.

My name is Joe. Been racing or turning a wrench on bikes for about forty years now. I still have a massive amount of passion for the sport. Feel very strongly that upgrading the wheels on any bike will give it a huge increase in enjoyment.
I live and ride mostly in Michigan but have ridden all over the USA. I ride the roads, paved and unpaved but love all cycling. I also do a bit of gardening

Hey Scott!! That’s a really impressive body transformation you’ve done! Congradulations! Share some photos when you have time :biking_man::camera:

Hey Joe! Welcome! Isn’t that great about cycling, we can do it our whole lives, and it can be enjoyable the entire time.

Hey Jay! Yeah, we all are feeling the COVID19 these days. Fortunatly cycling is somewhat possible within all the guidelines. :muscle:

Hello, I’m Chee from the UK (originally from Malaysia). I’m into road cycling. I first started riding and commuting to work in 2009. This is the year when I really got into road cycling because of the way Mark Cavendish took the Tour by storm. I still wear the HTC Columbia racing helmet with the white and yellow colours. It’s such an old out of date helmet but it’s my favourite.

I have done the eTap Du Tour 2017, Maratona 2019, Prudential London Ride 100 2018, Brompton World Champs 2018, Tour De Yorkshire 2019 sportive.

Also on my list of goals:

Marmotte
3 ascents of Ventoux
Another eTap Du Tour
Another Maratona
A cycling sportive in Spain
A cycle sportive in scandanavia
A cycle sportive in latin America
Was aiming to qualify for the UCI World championships in Vancouver this year by riding in the Tour of Cambridge Gran fondo but that will have to wait till next year due to the coronavirus.

I haven’t taken the plunge yet with Tokyo wheels but I think I will be giving in very soon.

I ride with the wireless sram etap groupset (absolutely awesome) and tubeless and am actually looking to get another road bike, not carbon but steel.

Other passions:

Cooking, Gardening, Chess, football (watching my team, hopefully win the league this year :slight_smile: ), learning Spanish, running every now and again.

Thanks and hope to help and make new friends and constantly learn and experience new things.

Chee…

This David from Tampa. I ride for fun on my carbon road bike to keep in shape and get out of the house. I really love swimming and hunting and make time for some gardening in my spare time. After retiring from the Army i slowed down a bit and take one day at a time.

Hey David. Welcome!!

Hey Chee,

That’s an awesome list of goals!!

BTW, I totally support your love of steel bikes. Steel is real!

1 Like

Giles Philip, 50 years old based in Perth, Western Australia. Keen “social” and “challenge” cyclist. For me riding is really a chance to reconnect with the elements - spending 8-10 hours a day in an office, in front of computer is very canned and predictable, riding gives me the outlet. I’m also a keen photographer and riding at sunrise shows me a host of different perspectives on our city.

Ride with (well I did) group of diverse guys from all walks of life - we are each other’s therapy - it’s been a tight group for a while now and an fantastic network to rely on when things are tougher.

Welcome!! At least during the quanratine you can look back at your photos. We’ll all be out there riding again soon!! Post some sunset ride photos when you have a chance.

Hi, my name is Brian Curren. I am from Australia. I live in Healesville, which is a town on the outskirts of Melbourne.
I am a triathlete and compete in Ironman races. I used my Tokyowheels in the New Zealand Ironman in March and picked up a spot to Kona. But that probably won’t go ahead now.
I am a Personal Trainer, Rehab Trainer,Triathlon Coach and Level 2 Run Coach. I am also an old guy.
I train clients from Older People to Elite Athletes. It is the same body, so makes things easier.

Hey Brian! Thanks for joining. Yeah, who knows whats up with the race schedules from now on. We’ll jus have to wait and see. We’ll get through this and be out there soon. :muscle:

My name is Jan Carlsen, is 53 years old and live in Fredensborg/Denmark.
I mostly ride on my road bike, but in the winter I also ride on MTB. Every year we take to Mallorca for some good cycling in hills.
I have erlier played soccer on high level so i like that.
I also do some fishing, where i travel a round the world for fishing - mostly after a fish called Giant Trevally - GT.

Hey Jan! Thanks for joining the forum!!:biking_man:

Hello.

My name is Alexandru-Mihai Radoi, I live in Ploiesti, Romania, I am 39 years old and I have a bicycle workshop at home. I am passionate about cycling since childhood when I learned how to ride a bicycle. I own a Trek model 750 Multitrack Crmo, and another one Trek 1000 an old model with aluminium frame and Crmo fork. I like especially steel frame bicycles, old models from the times when bicycle were made with passion and craftmanship.

Welcome Alexandru! Share some photos of your classics. Show Your Bike (and Your Wheels). I used to have a steel Colnago Master Pista, signed by Ernesto Colnago. I used that bike for riding on the Keirin track in Kawasaki, Japan.