Phishing email?

Hey Tokyowheel folks,

I received what I suspect is a phishing email pretending to be James tonight. Return address was routed to the in2.getdrip.com domain.

Thought you might want to be aware of it.

M

1 Like

Hey k200mtbman,

Thanks for the message. We actually just changed to a new email service provider so that’s why you saw that it’s from getdrip.co

I think that has to do with reply tracking. I’ll switch that off and hopefully the emails will not seem weird.

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the confusion and alarm!

Hi James,

It was the one liner email with no signature along with the funky reply to email that really caught my attention. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything from Tokyowheel that didn’t have at least 2-3 lines and some form of signature on it.

Cheers,

Mike

1 Like

i also received an email from you asking me if I am still interested to buy the wheels which I found confusing and suspicious. don’t know if that was really you so I just ignored it.

Hey Cesar, sorry about that. It’s actually kind of ironic. I switched to a new email service provider so that I’d have the tools to send more appropriate emails that aren’t out of context, but this one was a bit out of context to a lot of people.

Just so you all know, I really enjoy emailing with you and the community, and I want to help everyone accomplish their goals and ideal lifestyle. I get a huge amount of email from the community. Some days I’ll get email from 600 people just having conversation or telling stories or asking questions. I love it, and I want to be in contact with more people, but it’s impossible for me to do without this kind of technology and a team (we’ve got two awesome guys that help me out, Kane and TJ).

It always annoys me when my emails are out of context, because of tech, so please accept my apologies.

I really appreciate everyone posting and emailing, so please continue. And I’ll keep doing everything I can to allow me to have helpful and fun conversations with our ever growing community.

:+1::slightly_smiling_face::biking_man:

Phishers do so by sending e-mails that are designed to collect an individual’s sensitive information. To make phishing messages look like they are genuinely from a well-known company, they include company logos and other identifying information taken directly from real company’s website. The victim receives an e-mail that appears to have been sent by a known contact or organization. The fake email conveniently includes a link you can click on to resolve the problem which you’re told you need to do. These e-mails are clever fake and the information you provide goes straight to the crooks behind the scam. Because these e-mails look like from legitimate companies and victim trust them and enter their personal information.