Show Your Bike (and Your Wheels)

Nice. Looks great with the wheels.

1 Like

How did you manage to fit those 25mm wheelset on your P5? Please advice. Thanks

I’m having a problem putting them on my P5.

Hi @CerveloP5
Did you see someone else on the forum who mounted 25 mm on a P5? I have run 25mm Conti Grand Prix on my Cervelo S2 no problems. On my wife’s Cervelo TT bike I did have to make some minor adjustment to the set screws but only minor. What year is your P5?

Hey @CerveloP5, thanks for posting. I’ll be happy to help you figure it out, if I can . Do you have a photo of where it’s not fitting? Is it the tire rubbing near the bottom bracket? on the seat stay bridge? also, you can email me the photo at james@tokyowheel.com if you’d like. Thanks!

Hi James and @CerveloP5 , the dropouts will have adjustment screws that will adjust the axle. Make sure to adjust both screws exactly the same. You can also take measurements to ensure the wheel is perfectly aligned.

Sweet ride! Do you have problems with tyre rub on the chainstays when out of the saddle? Which tyres do you run please?

2013 model. I have removed the washer on the break pads, still no dice. I have the RT8 Magura brakes.

No issue on rubbing tires on the frame. I’m using Conti GP4000 S2 25mm. Perfect for Fuji Transonic.

Hi @CerveloP5, let me see if I am understanding correctly. The issue that you are experiencing is that your brakes can not open wide enough to allow the rim to spin freely without rubbing on your brake pads. Is that what you are experiencing? Initially I thought you meant that the clearance between your tire and your frame was insufficient.

Good morning. Yes James, the issue is the RT8 Magura brakes on my Cervelo P5. I’m not sure if can be open for more space for the rims. Also, I notice that if you put 25mm tires, some way some how it will rub on the frame. The clearance is too close for 25mm tires for P5. No issue on my Fuji Transonic.

Do you have any advice? I bought the Epic 88 for my P5 not for Transonic.

Thanks for clarifying. I’m going to post an answer on this thread which is specifically on this topic. Epic clincher brake clearance

After around two months of riding on my new wheels, I am so impressed with my improved performance and can’t wait to jump back on the bike and ride faster - for me anyway! Best bike upgrade by far.

2 Likes

1 Like

Thank you all. I love seeing your bikes!!! :biking_man:

Custom build Dogma F12- a total of 7.55kg in size 59.5cm

She’s a beauty Matt!

Just completed building this Belgian beauty with Epic 38s and big climbing gears.

Bike’s looking quick! All you need now is a run of good weather.